Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Interrogative adverbs



come ? how?
( come mai?) (how so?)
di dove ? from where?
dove ? where?
perché ? why?
quando ? when
quanto ? how much?



When an interrogative adverb starts a question, the subject follows the verb.

 Di dove sono i tuoi cugini? Quando è arrivata nonna Franca? 

 Only perché and come mai  can procede the verb:
 Perché quel bambino piange? / Perché piange quel bambino?

Interrogative adverbs are usually invariable, however come and dove can be abbreviated before è, era and erano

Com'era tuo padre quando eri bambina?
 Dov'è il mio portafoglio?
Non riesco a trovarlo!

1 comment:

Anthony Smith said...

On my opinion the best way to learn any language is to have constant speaking practice. In such case the best way is to find a tutor and native speakers. I can advise https://preply.com/en/london-UK/italian-tutors for searching native speaking tutors. I've learnt Italian using this website. All other methods you can use as aditional way to gain new knowledge and practice already completed material. But I'm looking for new methods to improve my skiils. Can you help me?